Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016

i-Safeguard Forum i-Safeguard Forum News Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andrew Gregory Andrew Gregory 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Gregory
    Andrew Gregory
    Participant

The new guidance has been published today and can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/526153/Keeping_children_safe_in_education_guidance_from_5_September_2016.pdf

I’m very keen to hear what people think about this and especially the fact that it will come into force on the 5th September this year.

Profile photo of Ceri Stokes
    Ceri Stokes
    Participant

Planning to look through it over half term. Fingers crossed it wont add a long list of extra things to do.

Profile photo of Lorna
    Lorna
    Participant

Thank you for posting. I will be looking through this over half-term.
    I am also due to present whole school child protection training in September, so this will be quite timely.

I will ensure all staff sign for a copy.

Lorna 🙂

Profile photo of Abigail Clay
    Abigail Clay
    Participant

looks like we’ve all got the same half term plans !!

Profile photo of Ceri Stokes
    Ceri Stokes
    Participant

https://designatedsafeguardinglead.com/ KCSIE July 2016 – DSL list of jobs #safeguarding is there anything else you think I should add to my list?

Profile photo of Abigail Clay
    Abigail Clay
    Participant

first read through – very useful having a list of changes attached (one of the changes noted is having a list of changes ! I think that is sweet for some reason!)
    I notice that a lot more info is now included in part A (for all staff) – the balance may soon shift to the majority of KCSIE is in part A ?
    Key things for me are the changes in training requirements – I suspect most schools & colleges do annual updates as a matter of course but a welcome requirement in my book.
    One potential issue for me is para 67 – relating to internet safety. There is now a requirement for monitoring as well as filtering. I agree with this but I am concerned that IT teams may well have DSL expectations placed on them without the associated resource and training. I am aware of ‘off site’ monitoring which is excellent – I would always recommend that as a way forward.

Profile photo of AbbieF
    AbbieF
    Participant

Abigail,
    Have just finished working with a school in the SE that have put in place a new system.
    This is a list the company blogged about a while ago – using monitoring system effectively.

Profile photo of AbbieF
    AbbieF
    Participant
    Profile photo of Andrew Gregory
    Andrew Gregory
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.